The Personal Lines Sales and Distribution Manager is responsible for the growth and operational delivery of the personal lines function. The Personal Lines Sales and Distribution Manager will have responsibility for profitability, regulatory compliance, customer service delivery, quality/ standards, as well as initiatives designed to grow the personal lines function as an important strategic part of the company portfolio into the future. The role requires travel to branch offices across Ireland on a regular basis. The person appointed will be an ambitious professional who will report directly to the General Manager.
- Collaborate with senior management on the development of strategic growth plans, setting income and policy count goals, targeting both short and long-term growth across personal lines.
- Accountable for the delivery of annually agreed income targets, taking remedial action to address any short-term growth shortfalls as they arise.
- Identify new opportunities to support growth across the personal lines book and reduce cost through automation, digitization, process efficiency and effective team structures.
- Provide input into the marketing strategy, assessing the success of personal lines focused marketing campaigns and adjusting where necessary.
- Manage Personal Lines operational delivery in line with the Personal Lines strategy and client needs, ensuring adequate controls and escalation processes are in place.
- Develop, implement and monitor standardised procedures, operational practices, company policies, and quality standards within Personal Lines.
- In conjunction with HR and Branch Managers, manage the effective delivery of the Personal Lines ‘New Entrant Training Programme’ for all new entrants to personal lines, ensuring that the Programme is updated on a regular basis to incorporate emerging best practice and any relevant regulatory changes.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes/ activity to provide efficiencies and an enhanced customer experience.
- Lead the set up/ integration of new offices/ books of business as they arise.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key insurance contacts.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments, implementing process updates where relevant.
- Manage the Personal Lines Branch Managers across the branch network.
- Ensure adequate resourcing in place across the personal lines function.
- Engage and motivate the personal lines team, building and promoting a positive working environment and culture.
- Agree employee objectives and manage performance to achieve business goals.
- Ensure that appropriate training and development is provided to meet technical & regulatory requirements, identifying training gaps on an individual and team basis.
- Encourage professional & personal growth.
- Work with HR to manage succession planning to develop & retain talent.
- Recognise team members for positive contributions and goal achievement.
- Experience & strong technical knowledge of the personal lines insurance broking environment in both new business & renewals;
- Understanding and experience of regulatory requirements as applicable for general insurers;
- Ability to contribute and challenge at a senior level;
- Foster good working relationships internally and externally;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- Ability to focus and execute key business drivers in line with departmental strategy;
- Analytical, creative & driven;
- Project Management;
- High level of flexibility;
- A relevant 3rd Level qualification (e.g. CIP / MDI/ ACII);
- Full clean driving license.
Hastings Insurance is an Equal Opportunities Employer