(The following applies where the insurer is Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty)
Whilst Government Restrictions are in force, we have agreed that the Unoccupancy Condition will not apply under Allianz AGCS policies.
The insured is required to comply with all reasonable precautions and ensure security measures are put into operation whilst the premises is not open.
Whilst our liability policies are minimum and deposit, there may be circumstances where declaration based policies can be adjusted due to your clients reduced activity. If your client is facing issues surrounding a temporary closure or reduced exposure please contact us as in certain circumstances the policy will be adjusted.
SUSPENSION / CREDITS at RENEWAL
Re Social, Community & Sports Clubs
We will allow credits at renewal for those who have temporarily closed their premises subject to a max of 3 months (equivalent to 25% of premium paid) and subject to the risk being claims free and on case by case basis. Otherwise existing policy terms and conditions apply.
(The following applies where the insurer is AXIS Europe SE)
“Axis Europe SE – Re All Business Protect Policies
For premises which are unoccupied, only because of government advised or enforced actions regarding control of the Covid 19 (coronavirus) outbreak, the following applies:
- Policyholders do not need to notify us of properties becoming unoccupied for this reason.
- Cover continues for the first 90 days of unoccupancy for the following insured events and extension:
- Riot, civil commotion, strikers, locked-out workers or persons taking part in labour disturbances.
- Malicious persons
- Theft or attempted theft
- Accidental damage
- The extension for Accidental Damage To Underground Services and Accidental Breakage Of Aerials And Sanitary Fixtures And Fittings.
3. Cover continues for the first 90 days of unoccupancy for the insured events of ‘Bursting or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes‘ and ‘Water discharged or leaking from the automatic sprinkler installation‘ .
Provided that during the period of 1st November to 1st April inclusive, either:
(i) the mains water supply is disconnected and all pipes and tanks drained; OR
(ii) the central heating is maintained in a fully functional state and set to operate at a minimum temperature of 15° Celsius and with any loft hatch or other access to loft space remaining open;
Where inspections of the property are prohibited directly or by effect of instruction or advice of government or other public authority, Insurers will not consider this as adversely affecting their position”